It’s that time of year again. You know, when a young girl’s thoughts turn to wild unicorns and orcs frolicking together and eating things? That’s right, the WisCon POC dinner is on, baby.
Here are the deets:
- When: Friday, May 27th, 5:30 – 7:30PM
- Where: Private Dining Room of the Dayton Street Grille (the restaurant inside the Madison Concourse Hotel). If you haven’t been there before, just ask the helpful folks at the front desk or the host station.
- Who: If you are a person of color attending WisCon, you’re welcome to join.
- Important Things:
- If you’re on Facebook, please click here to RSVP. We want to get a mostly accurate count of how many people are coming so the restaurant can plan accordingly. If you’re not on Facebook, RSVP in the comments.
- Tell other POC and ask them to RSVP as well.
- Please come as close to 5:30 as you can. We want to be done by 7:10 so that Nisi and anyone else can get to the Opening Ceremonies.
- Bring cash! This is important (see update below).
Update: We’ve now set the menu for the dinner. This year we’re doing a buffet instead of a traditional sit-down to facilitate mingling and to accommodate those who might be late. Buffet items include:
- Fresh seasonal fruit
- Mixed greens with shredded carrots, cherry tomatoes and cucumbers with our housemade balsamic vinaigrette and ranch dressings
- Asparagus, shrimp and orzo salad [might end up being vegetarian – i.e. no shrimp]
- Grilled breast of chicken with Portobello mushrooms and caramelized shallots
- Sliced sirloin of beef with brandy green peppercorn sauce
- Rosemary-roasted red bliss potatoes [vegan]
- Sautéed zucchini and tomatoes [vegan]
- Fresh breads from our bakery
- Assorted petit fours and finger tarts
Since this is now a catered event/buffet, there’s a set price for dinner. The minimum required to eat is $20. However, if you can pay up to $30 we’d appreciate it. We’re doing a bit of funky math here to keep costs down for everyone and because I don’t know exactly how many people are coming.
If you absolutely cannot afford this, drop me a note, please.
11 thoughts on “[WisCon 35] POC Dinner”
I forgot to ask-can they leave off the ubiquitous parmesan cheese that always gets put on pasta? And anything else that might be non-vegan? That way the vegans have something besides sides and salad, too.
Sounds fun — count me in!
I want to be there, but I need to have more food options. Please, please, please make the pasta vegetarian! Right now, the omnivores have 3 main dish options plus salad and sides, but the vegetarians only have salad and sides. I’m a growing girl and need more food than that. Especially for $20-30. Thanks!
I asked them to make it so. Haven’t had confirmation yet, but they were very nice about making the other stuff vegan, so I think it will be fine. It’s not as if we’re asking them to *add* stuff.
you know I look out for my homies.
I am so glad this is a go! I will be there and hopefully my mom, June, and my sister Gina, and as many of her three kids as we can rope into it. I will prolly need to leave by 7.
I won’t be at the POC dinner but I will be at WisCon. Hoping you have a great dinner and looking forward to seeing you there!
Meeeeeeeeeeee <3 <3 <3 Diana will RSVP on FB I think.
I’ll be there with a +1! Yay!
Comments are closed.