Yeah… so October. I realized today that the reason I’m behind on posting this list is that I just haven’t had the energy to write up a little review/summary of why I like these stories. And that continues and continues to be the case. Since we’re deep into December and I haven’t even posted November’s picks yet, I figured I would just toss the list up.
Here’s what I’ll say about them all: I liked each of these stories and loved others. If I had to pick out one that stood out, it’s Said The Princess. That one totally charmed and amused me. I think I was most surprised because Daily Science Fiction rarely publishes anything I like.
- Art of War by Nancy Kress
- One Little Room an Everywhere by K.J. Parker
- Dancing Day by Lindsey Duncan
- In the Library of Souls by Jennifer Mason-Black
- Said the Princess by Dani Atkinson
- Monster, Finder, Shifter by Nina Kiriki Hoffman
- Spindles by L.B. Gale
- The Contrary Gardener by Christopher Rowe
- The King’s Huntsman by Jennifer Mason-Black
Visit my Favorite Fiction tag to see all the other short stories I’ve liked so far this year.